Hi Johan

There is generally nothing special about DRAM or Flash they are certainly
usable in other systems so they are not of a proprietary design.

We have had problems with some 3rd party DRAM and Flash in the past usually
due to poor handling at the manufacturer. Try taking the DRAM out putting it
on an anti static bag or rubber mat and then rub very gently over the pins
with a pencil eraser. Do both sides of the pins then re-insert the DRAM and
try again.

Matthew