Here's the setup for my 2 questions...

PCA-------B1-----------B2--------PCB

Bridge 1 and Bridge 2 are running Transparent Bridging between them.

Question 1:  There's a SERIAL connection between B1 and B2.  B1 and B2 are
configured for transparent bridging.  If PCA sends a packet to PCB and the
frame is errored somehow, who takes care of the retransmission?  I assume
it's PCA because it's a serial connection.  Am I right?

Question 2:  There's an ETHERNET connection between B1 and B2.  The bridges
are still using Transparent Bridging and PCA sends a packet to PCB.  Again,
the frame has an error.  Will B1 be the device to handle the retransmission?

Thanks, guys!

Todd