Ether normally is connectionless and unreliable, so the frame would be
dropped by the receiver if an error is detected. A higher layer protocol
will have to request transmission from the source.

However, LLC type 2 service (used primarily for SNA) provides reliable,
connection oriented service over ether. That's not particularly
relevant, though in your scenario, but I always found it an interesting
point. :-)

Todd Carswell wrote:

Question 2:  There's an ETHERNET connection between B1 and B2.  The bridges
> are still using Transparent Bridging and PCA sends a packet to PCB.  Again,
> the frame has an error.  Will B1 be the device to handle the
retransmission?

--
Jason

Boson BCMSN1 BSCN2 BSCI2 practice tests