Hi All,

I am having issues with a remote router we turned up overseas..

The router is working fine and the local access circuit test
from the local telco comes back clean but,

I am getting ping times on a normal 100 byte packet of around 170ms -
220ms.  Similar type of connections all fall within around 70ms or so on
this type of pings, but on this one, it is much higher.

Has anyone had any issues similar where you had 100ms + added onto a ping
time by the local access circuit?

This is frame relay network and the problem site is a remote site.

On the hub router,
1 - all other connections are fine.
2 - I have control of the frame relay switches and RTD within the
network is about 50ms, and usually in this type of scenario, I get
another 20ms + or so added to the ping router to router for the local access
circuits.
3 - Already checked the traffic shaping statements on the PVCs.
4 - Already checked the parameters on the frame switch for any wrong
parameters on the switches.  This is a complete FR PVC.
5 - I see no errors on the remote side's serial interface, or do I see any
errors on the port of the switch.

My next step is to put a ticket out for the local techs to swap out the
CSU/DSU and the cables...  And maybe they are not working 100% or
they introduced cables that might not be standard.

Has anyone had problems like this?

thanks,
Paul