I'm really quite confused by this.  I am working through a lab currently
which uses OSPF, EIGRP and BGP.  I haven't reached the BGP bit yet which
is okay, but there is an OSPF/EIGRP bit I don't get.

+--------+                           +-----------+      +---------------+
         |                           |           |      |
   +-----------------+               |   +-------------------+
 R1| s0  |        s1 |-------------------| s0    |      | s1 |  R2
   +-----------------+               |   +-------------------+
         |                           |           |      |
  OSPF   |  EIGRP                    | OSPF      |      |   OSPF
  AREA 1 |                           | AREA 0    |      |   AREA 2
+--------+                           +-----------+      +---------------+

I realise that if R1-S1s network were placed into Area 0 then everything
would flood through regardless of EIGRP.  If I put R1-S1 into another
OSPF Area - 3 say - then I could set up a virtual link.

As this lab is presented to me, neither of those are options.  In effect
I want to use EIGRP as a transit area to allow the OSPF Area1 to connect
to the OSPF Area0.

How do I do this?  I have searched quite hard around the web and come
up with nothing other than virtual-links through an OSPF area which is
a technology I understand - in concept at least.

Anyone point me to anything to explain this?

cheers
Danny