Hmm....  interesting.

If you *didn't* connect your area 1 to the other ospf area 0, you could
redistribute ospf into eigrp on R1 and then from eigrp to ospf on R2.
Is that an option?

The ospf process on R1 wouldn't even need to be aware of area 0 if it's
the only area existing on the left hand side of your diagram.

Another option occurs to me but I've never attempted it, I don't have
any idea if it would work, and who knows the chaos that might ensue if
you try it.  Could you set up an ip-over-ip tunnel over the eigrp link
and place that tunnel in area 0?

Attempt that at your own risk.  I'm not sure what effect it will have
on routing.  It may quickly turn into a quagmire depending on which
routes you're learning from eigrp.

I hope someone else posts a simpler, more elegant solution.  To be
honest, I'm not exactly certain what you're trying to accomplish.  Can
you explain more about the goal of this scenario?  Do you know the skill
they're trying to test with this problem?

Good luck!

John

>>> "Danny Cox"  11/15/01 9:47:24 AM >>>
I'm really quite confused by this.  I am working through a lab
currently
which uses OSPF, EIGRP and BGP.  I haven't reached the BGP bit yet
which
is okay, but there is an OSPF/EIGRP bit I don't get.

+--------+                           +-----------+
+---------------+
         |                           |           |      |
   +-----------------+               |   +-------------------+
 R1| s0  |        s1 |-------------------| s0    |      | s1 |  R2
   +-----------------+               |   +-------------------+
         |                           |           |      |
  OSPF   |  EIGRP                    | OSPF      |      |   OSPF
  AREA 1 |                           | AREA 0    |      |   AREA 2
+--------+                           +-----------+
+---------------+

I realise that if R1-S1s network were placed into Area 0 then
everything
would flood through regardless of EIGRP.  If I put R1-S1 into another
OSPF Area - 3 say - then I could set up a virtual link.

As this lab is presented to me, neither of those are options.  In
effect
I want to use EIGRP as a transit area to allow the OSPF Area1 to
connect
to the OSPF Area0.

How do I do this?  I have searched quite hard around the web and come
up with nothing other than virtual-links through an OSPF area which is
a technology I understand - in concept at least.

Anyone point me to anything to explain this?

cheers
Danny