Thanks for the reply John.  I was a bit bemused by it too.  I suspect
I've either missed the point completely or it's about redistribution,
but I had thought about tunnelling too.  I've reread through the lab
itself and realise that I've misread it - the whole OSPF AS *is*
connected together and the point is to redistribute into EIGRP to
other routers in the EIGRP AS.  My mistake.

I would like to understand though whether it is possible, regardless
of this lab to connect OSPF Areas to Area0 via other than another
OSPF Area and a virtual link!

cheers and thanks for the thoughts - any ideas on the non-ospf
transit area would be interesting, or to be slapped down and told
I misunderstand completely would be useful likewise!

Danny