I wanted to play around with the | include option on the show command, but I
can't get it to do what I want, and I can't find any docs on it.

I want to include the interface and description of all FastEthernet
interfaces.

If I do a

        show int | include FastEthernet

it will show the line where it says FastEthernet for all FastEthernet
interfaces.

Example:

SANTA#show int | include FastEthernet
FastEthernet0/1 is up, line protocol is up
FastEthernet0/2 is up, line protocol is up
FastEthernet0/3 is down, line protocol is down
FastEthernet0/4 is down, line protocol is down
FastEthernet0/5 is down, line protocol is down
FastEthernet0/6 is up, line protocol is up
FastEthernet0/7 is up, line protocol is up
FastEthernet0/8 is up, line protocol is up
FastEthernet0/9 is up, line protocol is up
FastEthernet0/10 is down, line protocol is down
FastEthernet0/11 is down, line protocol is down
FastEthernet0/12 is up, line protocol is up

If I do a

        show int | include Description

it will show the line where there is a description for all interfaces.

Example:

SANTA#show int | include Description

But, how do I get both?

I have tried the following with out luck:

        show int | include FastEthernet Description
        show int | include FastEthernet , Description
        show int | include FastEthernet | Description
        show int | include FastEthernet | include Description
        show int | include FastEthernet include Description

This is one of those stupid command options you've seen so many times, but
never used.

Any comments?

Thanks in advance,

Ole