>Howard,
>
>For the sake of IP address conservation, I would like to believe what you
>say.
>
>Unfortunately I happen to know several small companies  that were able to
>secure entire Class C's with nary a protest from their ISP's, and yes they
>are all  globally routed.  The most addresses any one of those companies is
>using within that class range is 10 of those addresses - waste galore.
>Apparently many ISP's aren't as vigilant as they should be.

There can be legitimate nuances, such as having a multihomed /24
using PA address space, with the associated routing policy in a
registry.  This still doesn't assure global reachability.

The other side of this may come not immediately, but when the
less-vigilant ISP applies for additional address space and is denied
because it can't show it allocated wisely.

There still has been no explanation if the poster will settle for PA
space or wants PI.  Getting a non-multihomed PA /24 is trivial,
understanding that it will form part of the provider's aggregate.
Getting PA /24 that will be multihomed by cooperating providers is
more difficult, if only for reasons of global reachability.  Getting
PI /24 is conceivable, but very difficult.

RFC 2050 does specify that "administrative convenience", read among
other things as not having to renumber, should not be considered as
part of address allocation policy.