He didn't say coax cable. He said 10Base2/5, which are Ethernet
technoloiges that use coax cable. I don't think you can run FDDI over coax
cable. (Consider what the F stands for! ;-) CDDI supports FDDI's MAC layer
using UTP cabling.

Reading between the lines, I think he is trying to get some FDDI practice
on a router that only has Ethernet interfaces. This would be like trying to
take an airplane from a train station. In some (mostly non-USA
unfortunately) cities, there are terminals that support both airplanes and
trains. In some networks, there are devices that support both FDDI and
Ethernet. They are called bridges, switches, or routers.

Priscilla

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com