Private Internet Exchange..

-----Original Message-----
From: Mcfadden, Chuck [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, 29 November 2001 9:03 a.m.
Subject: RE: The Scoop on PIX? [7:26607]

1. (Probably the only real reason) Off load processor overhead by having
packet filtering happen somewhere other than the device that is trying to
also perform routing tasks.
2. DMZ?  (Can be handled via router, though [processor issue - see above])
3. Redundancy without the need for dual WAN connectivity

Those are about the only reasons I can think of.  Any one else think of any?

I have no idea what PIX stands for...GREAT Question!!!
ccie1ab