Reason #1-The PIX is a dedicated firewall device. It was specifically
designed to be a firewall. The ASA algorithm blocks traffic from a lower
security interface(outside) to a higher security interface(inside).

Reason #2-It's easier to configure than a router with special IOS

PIX-Packet Internet Xchange: Cisco acquired this company a few years back.

Thanks.

"BASSOLE
                    Rock"                To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]