(smtp,h.323,etc..) But if that is not something you need, then why bother?

my $.02

-Patrick

>>> "BASSOLE Rock"  11/28/01 11:01AM >>>
-----Message d'origine-----
De : Andrew Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Envoyi : dimanche 18 novembre 2001 00:09
@ : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : The Scoop on PIX? [7:26607]

Hi all.

  What are some of the reasons why a person would choose a PIX solution
rather than a good router with the the right IOS for security?

  From what I've read on Cisco's site, there does not seem to be the huge
gap between using a router as a firewall solution vs. using a PIX, as some
people make it sound.

  One last thing...for the life of me, I can't find what "PIX" stands for!
Any help appreciated!  Thanks in advance.