Although intf's won't combine packets, I usually set higher MTU's so that
larger packets with the DF flag on will be allowed through.

Brent

On 29/11/01 21:16 -0500, Priscilla Oppenheimer wrote:

:
[...]
 A lot of novices think that having a large interface
:MTU is going to make a big difference, but I'm not convinced. The interface
:isn't going to combine packets it receives into larger packets just because
:of the larger MTU. Packets can't grow!?
[...]
:
:I'll have to look into this. Thoughts? Comments?
:
:Priscilla
: