I was hoping someone would mention that, for given exams, sometimes the
Boson exams are actually more difficult than the real thing.  I remember
using the Boson exams (2 of them) to evaluate myself before I went in for
the switching exam.  I scored around 75 to 78% on each of the Boson exams,
and I remember thinking "My exam is tomorrow and I'm doomed.  I know I
studied this stuff, but these pratice exams seem to find those little
tidbits of info that slid through while studying or, if nothing else, help
to solidify things that I 'thought' I knew, but really didn't".  I told the
guy at the testing center that I would be back to take it again because I
was about to fail... he joked back "You'll do fine".  I got a 92% on the
real exam.

So, IMHO, using Boson exams is *not* cheating by any means, but is one of
the *best* tools to help you prepare for taking the timed exam as well as
showing you your weak spots.  If you think about it, if a practice exam
wasn't that similar to the real exam, what good would it be?

Personally I love the Boson exams because if you miss an answer (as an
option) you can have it bring up an explanation of the correct answer as
well as point out references for further reading.  Plus, when you *know*
you're right, but the exam says you're wrong, you can e-mail the author,
debate it with him/her, and possibly have them change the exam (which I've
successfully done twice).

Mike W.