I would also add that don't believe everything you read.  I saw some
CCNA/CCNP's with only a few years experience saying they bill $150-200 an
hour.  Sure that might have been true a year or two ago (although that's a
ridiculous rate to pay for a mid level engineer) and probably for very short
term contracts (like a couple of hours).  I highly doubt any of them were
paid that much for a contract of any length.  With the number of unemployed
and somewhat desperate people out there I would say $90-120 an hour for a W2
is excellent in the Bay Area.  I think you will find there are a lot of guys
with comparable experience that are willing to work for less.  A Unix buddy
of mine was charging $130-150 an hour last year and this year I've seen him
work for as low as $42 an hour!  If you have a stable job for something
reasonably close to that I wouldn't be too anxious to make a move.  Its not
unusual to start a new contract and have it terminated a month later.

John Kaberna
CCIE #7146
www.netcginc.com
(415) 750-3800