Greg,

You point is well taken.  I don't know for sure if Paul runs groupstudy like
a business or if it's something he does personally.  I assumed (evil, I
know) that Paul ran this as an individual.  Having said that, I bounced this
off of my wife (the CPA, hehe) and although she mentioned that "Paul COULD
take the "donations" and treat himself to a relaxing trip to the "Cisco
Islands!!" " just as you pointed out, she gave me the info I posted on this
topic.  So even if this were a business, if gifts were given to Paul as an
individual, the same tax benefits would apply, however, we would give up the
right to cry about it when Paul posts from the Cisco Islands. Hehe...

Mike W.