HSRP is for backing up LAN connections.  It will not work in your
situation as I understand it.

If you're using OSPF you could restructure things so that your border
routers are injecting 0.0.0.0/0 as an E1 route into the area.  If you
let those propagate throughout your network each router will choose the
closest available exit.  This assumes that this use of default routing
won't break something else you're doing.

Perhaps you could also do this manually using weighted static default
routes in your areas.

HTH,
John

>>> "Patrick Ramsey"  12/17/01 3:51:08 PM

Ok guys/gals,

I have a scenario here that I am trying to implement and before I
start
working on it, I would like some personal opinions/expereinces from
anyone
that cares to respond.

we have 6 major facilities all connected via various speed wan links.
Each
facillity has it's own connection to the internet with default routes
set
accordingly.  Each facillity then has statics back to each of the
other
facillites.

Currently their is no redundancy in the internet connectivity.  If one
site
loses it's internet T, then it's down until that T comes back.  Nobody
has
ever complained about this being an issue, but it just seems a bit
silly to
pay for 6 T's and not get full use of them.

I have never setup hsrp before and am reading about it right now.  But
is
hsrp all that I need to accomplish this task?

each facillity has mulitple networks seperated by it's core layer3
switch,
then the wan links are either 2600's or 3600's

thanks!

-Patrick