Or more generally remote access!!!!

  Thought I would pass a tid bit of info I garned after beating my head
and wasting time needlessly in the hopes someone else doesn't replicate
same.

  Got a call from a customer, an ISP, wondering why his users with V.92
modems were always connecting at V.90.  I quickly educated myself on
Ciscos support for V.92 and verified the 5300's were up to spec.  I
found a V.92 modem laying, lying around and called it myself, the sh
modem x/x showed V.90.  I found on CCO a test number for V.92 calls and
called this 5300 in San Jose, same result.  I set up a 5300 in our lab
with a PRI, same result.  Read docs thinkng I was missing something,
didn't seem to be, opened case with TAC.

  Talked to engineer, he didn't know why either.  Got a DE and about a
day later found out that even when you make a V.92 connection the 5300
will display V.90!!!!!!!!  The answer was "you need to try a V.92
feature".  The V.92 feature is modem on hold.

  I calmly suggested that they may want to take two minute and two lines
of code and add V.92 as a connection type!!

--
David Madland
Sr. Network Engineer

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"