John,

Two points: in the past some Telcos required you to dial a different
international dial code if you wanted to ensure that the path was 64Kb
data capable end to end. Some international circuits go over compressed
circuits, normally over satellite and some heavily used long distance
submarine cables. However, I thought that most of the high-tech world
had moved over to sense on bearer capability. If the call comes in as 64
k unrestricted data then the exchanges should provide you with a full 64
data capable path.

The second point is if you are high level bearer capability V.120 then
the originating end has most likely got a TA and is trying to do v.120
rate adaption your answering end needs to be configured to support it.
If it is not configured to support v.120 rate adaption then it will
reject the call, probably with a normal clearing code of 16.

Peter

 .In article , John Kale
 writes
>Hi all,
>
>i have a router setup to receive isdn calls from windows clients using
TA's.
>All the UK clients can connect but the france clients can't. with the debug
>isdn q931...i can see RX i also see the v120 and low layer compati message.
CCO says for me to get
>the v120 message means my router can detect v120 encap. i need tips on what
>could be wrong and how i can solve the problem.
>

>also sometimes the UK clients dial, connect, get issued an ip address from
>my dhcp server(my router) but a windows error message then comes up 'error
>xxx: cannot open port' .....it takes a reboot of my router to resolve this
>issue.
>
>thank you for ur anticipated response(s).
>

>regards,
>
>John

>html

Peter Whittle