Michael Williams wrote:

> Do you have some good links to info about the inner workings of
> TACACS+?  I'd like to read more about exactly how it works.

Unfor. I couldnt find much on the CCO, but I did find some good info in MCNS
book (cisco press).

> As far as the HSRP, I guess at this point we need to be clear
> about what we mean when we say "Etherchannel supporting HSRP".
> Etherchannel does have it's own failover mechanism, so using
> HSRP between channels in a bundle is not possible nor needed.
> However, you could have, for instance, multiple etherchannel
> bundles and run HSRP between them as if they were standard
> interfaces.

Etherchannel DOES have its own failover mechanism, and that is to adjust the
speed and work with reduced capacity when one of the channels fail.

HSRP is a layer 3 technology while FastEtherchannel is a layer 2 tech. AFAIK
we cant mix them.

Nick S.