In the BRS book it says there are only 5 minumum commands to get ISDN up and
running and that is
2 global
isdn switch-type basic-5ess
and
dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit

and

3 interface

dialer-group 1
dialer string 2001
ip add 172.16.1.1 255.255.255.0

I am having a hard time getting 2 routers with a bri's to talk accross an
isdn switch with just those commands. Do I NEED to set the encapsulation to
be ppp instead of the default hdlc? Do I NEED to set authentication either
pap or chap with username password pairs for each routers?  Do I NEED to
make a map statment mapping het maping the ip of the local routers IP to the
remote routers ISDN # to call?
Thanks in advance !
Randy