From:   Priscilla Oppenheimer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Wednesday, December 19, 2001 11:26 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: DHCP, WK2 and default gateway PROBLEMMM + [7:29732]

The default gateway has to be on the same subnet as the clients that use
it, as you probably know.

What is the default gateway? Is it a Cisco router? You could give it a
secondary address on the new 192.168.40.0. network. Then use that address
for the clients on the 192.168.40.0 subnet as their default gateway.

Another thought: what is the subnet mask? I'm assuming it's 255.255.255.0.
You could change it temporarily to 255.255.0.0 while doing the changeover.
That way 192.168.50.0 and 192.168.40.0 are on the same subnet. Clients with
addresses that start with 192.168.40.0 could still use 192.168.50.7 as
their default gateway.

Priscilla

At 10:43 PM 12/19/01, Juan Blanco wrote:
>Team,
>         I am working in a project for a company that has almost 600 users
> with
>static ip. What I have to do is move everyone to a dynamic ip environment,
>without affecting the current network functionality. The problem that I am
>having is when I created my new scope in wk2 I am not able to provide the
>default gateway to my clients because the DG is not the same network like
>the one in the scope....
>
>DHCP server(w2k) which is not able to provide my default
>         My scope = 192.168.40.50 ...... 100
>New segment ip is 192.168.40........
>DG for the segment is the DG for the others users in the same segment
>MY DG = 192.168.50.7
>
>How will I be able to define two IP address to the same interface in which
>both IP address can be define as the DG
>
>Thanks,
>
>JB

Priscilla Oppenheimer