Cisco may recommend it but I believe it really depends on your perspective.
 For example, if your environment's policy is to have all of your ports
enabled and ready for a connection, then it is conceivable that anyone
could get onto your administrative "rail" by simply finding a jack to plug
in to.  Sniff the traffic, etc.  On the other hand, if you lock down your
switch ports it's not that big of an issue.  Any way I've been in both
types of environments and I guess it also depends on how security
conscience the organization is.

HTH

Darren