Yep makes sense. I suppose it comes down to price performance comparison and
hopefully you might be able to get some more feedback from the group
regarding the particular devices you're looking at. I suppose having the
cache in the same device as the SSL accelerator may increase performance,
but this probably depends on how much it limits the flexibility of using
separate (expandable devices). I know with the Intel devices, that if you
start maxing out you can add another accelerator to spread the load. Very
easy to manage once they're installed.

Is there a danger that transaction information is cached as it is at that
point converted to http? Don't know whether there are security issues or
not? I'm getting paranoid from banking jobs.

I suppose it depends on how your application works. Is it a possibility just
to load balance across more servers to lighten load as servers tend to be
the cheap part? Possibly a stupid question, but hey, it won't be my first or
my last.

Will be good to hear how it progresses.

Gaz