12.0(20) on one router and 12.1(12) on the rest!

Which 11.3 version are you running?

-Stefan

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Diffy De Villiers
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 4:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: URGENT - PLEASE HELP - OSPF summary route cost. [7:31832]

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your input, but indeed things is more confusing now!!! I
am glad to see that you got the expected results. Maybe the
implementation differences lies in the version of IOS. I am using IOS
11.3 (what version are you using?).

Kind Regards

Diffy

>>> "Stefan Dozier"  01/16/02 07:19PM >>>
I hope I'm not confusing the issue here.....

I plugged your config into my pod, with a few minor changes
(interface types used). I used serials thorughout the net, where
you used some ethernet interfaces, with the exception of RouterD
where I used a loopback interface instead of the ethernet you used!

Here's my config and RouterA's routing table.

hostname RouterA
!
interface Serial0
 description connected to RouterB via network 1
 ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0
 ip ospf cost 1
!
router ospf 10
 network 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 area 1
end
!
hostname RouterB
!
interface Serial0
 description connected to RouterA via network 1
 ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
 ip ospf cost 1
!
interface Serial1
 description connected to RouterC via network 2
 ip address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0
 ip ospf cost 4
!
router ospf 10
 network 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 area 1
 network 192.168.2.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
end
!
hostname RouterC
!
interface Serial0
 description connected to RouterB via network 2
 ip address 192.168.2.2 255.255.255.0
 ip ospf cost 4
!
interface Serial1
 description connected to RouterD via network 3
 ip address 192.168.3.1 255.255.255.0
 ip ospf cost 64
!
router ospf 10
 network 192.168.2.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
 network 192.168.3.0 0.0.0.255 area 2
end
!
hostname RouterD
!
interface Loopback0
 description network 4
 ip address 192.168.4.1 255.255.255.0
 ip ospf network point-to-point
 ip ospf cost 16
!
interface Serial0
 description connected to RouterC via network 3
 ip address 192.168.3.2 255.255.255.0
 ip ospf cost 64
!
router ospf 10
 network 192.168.3.0 0.0.0.255 area 2
 network 192.168.4.0 0.0.0.255 area 2
end

RouterA#sh ip route
Codes: C - connected, S - static, I - IGRP, R - RIP, M - mobile, B -
BGP
       D - EIGRP, EX - EIGRP external, O - OSPF, IA - OSPF inter area
       N1 - OSPF NSSA external type 1, N2 - OSPF NSSA external type 2
       E1 - OSPF external type 1, E2 - OSPF external type 2, E - EGP
       i - IS-IS, L1 - IS-IS level-1, L2 - IS-IS level-2, * -
candidate
default
       U - per-user static route, o - ODR

Gateway of last resort is not set

O IA 192.168.4.0/24 [110/85] via 192.168.1.1, 00:02:50, Serial0
C    192.168.1.0/24 is directly connected, Serial0
O IA 192.168.2.0/24 [110/5] via 192.168.1.1, 00:02:50, Serial0
O IA 192.168.3.0/24 [110/69] via 192.168.1.1, 00:02:50, Serial0

As you can see, I got the results expected!

I am very curious why you're getting the results you posted, but I
can't reconfig my pod right now to match your exact setup without
sabotaging another issue I'm trying to resolve.

Stefan