Well, that depends on where the original poster (OP) is.  I've deleted
most of the thread, but I don't recall the OP saying they were in the US.
There are other places in the world, and many (most?) of them don't use
T1.
>From the main provider in Australia, frame relay is available at up to 2
Mbps on an X.21 interface (among others), and at up to 44 Mbps on HSSI. So
8 Mbps on a single link is not an issue - we have a couple of 8 Mbps frame
relay services, in fact.
However, I agree that more information is needed - the OP should talk to
their provider and find out what physical interface is required, before
committing to a particular router.

JMcL
----- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 21/01/2002 01:41 pm -----

"Paul Lalonde"
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
21/01/2002 11:58 am
Please respond to "Paul Lalonde"

        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: cisco 26xxx to run 8mbps [7:32628]

Hi there,

When you say 8Mbps, what kind of service are you referring to?

Frame Relay relies on T1, so the max you will get is 1.5Mbps.  Are you
looking for a solution with, say, 6 T1s to provide you with the 8Mbps you
need?

Or, are you looking for a solution that will allow you to do 8Mbps over
Frame Relay over a single link?  I might be putting my foot in my mouth,
but
I don't think such a service exists. That's what ATM is for.

A 2600 would likely be running out of breath with 6 T1s, even
fast-switched.
Look at a 3640 for your needs.

Paul