The MAU's speed cannot be changed, so I am guessing this is controlled
between the token ring cards and the router, (they have to negotiate
together).  The 15 second blinking of the port light on the MAU is only when
one PC is attached.  I used this as an indicator to prove that the ports
were working properly.  When both PC's are connected to the MAU, the lights
stay on because there is at least two devices that have created the ring.