Hi all.
I was working on a lab with an ISDN link between two of my OSPF routers. The
link would come up if the Frame cloud went away. Normal stuff link would be
initiated as usual. However, since area 0 had authentication turned on
broadcasts from 224.0.0.5 kept the isdn link up all the time. If I filtered
out the 224.0.0.5 from being interesting the ospf neighbors would get
terminated at the dead interval. When I turn off authen. from area 0 all
worked as normal.

Is this a normal occurrance? When area authentication is turned on do the
key exchanges still happen even over a demand-circuit?

Thanks...
Richard Newman