I imagine your referring to IDSL (ISDN DSL).   IDSL is DSL at 144 kbps. IDSL
uses ISDN transmission coding, bundling together both ISDN channels and
voice all on one circuit. IDSL does not use any kind of dial up nor involve
per-call fees. For those that live too far for regular DSL, IDSL may be the
only DSL option. IDSL tends to be priced at a rather higher rate per bit of
speed, than any regular DSL. IDSL can still be a very satisfactory solution
for data transmission compared to the alternatives (modem), coping very well
with online gaming, and medium quality streaming audio/video.