Found another one in William Stallings 'Data and
Computer Communications' 1991 provided by the then
named CCITT "a service requiring transmission channels
capable for providing rates greater than the primary
rate".

He continues : To contrast this new network and these
new services to the original concept of ISDN, that
original concept is now being referred to as
narrowband ISDN.

Phil.

Early terminology for what became ATM. "In the

http://uk.my.yahoo.com