Also, the big question is, who is going to keep buying stratacom switches in
the future?

If Cisco thought that the demand for this product was huge, I do not think
they would have cancelled the program.  I have heard some reasons why the
CCIE track was cancelled was due to the fact that even people working on the
switches could not gain access to the equipment, just for the lab purpose.
But why cancel the NP/NA track.

Probably, people that needed these boxes already have it.  They already
either have more than they need for future expansion or since big chunk of
the customers were telcos, they are in bad financial shape or going out of
business.

Lucky for me, I only got the the CCNA-Wan part before they cancelled the
program.  I have other buddies that actually work on our backbone and they
went through to NP.  And then it was cancelled.  Now they are all studying
routers.

- Paul