I assume you are getting your IP from a computer plugged into the cable
modem and then using that address to IP your router

One thing to rememebr is this.. Most cable modems these days will rememebr
the MAC that it was attatched to.. so you will either need to set the MAC on
your router so it looks like the computer you where using...

.. or just reboot the cable modem after your router is plugged into it..
that will allow it to grab to new MAC address from the router.

You may need to do that even if you are using:

int e0
    ip address dhcp

"McHugh Randy"  wrote in message
> Can anyone please tell me if they have been able to make a Cisco 2514
Router