I wonder the same some times. I seem to eat drink sleep it most of the time.
Before I did my CCNA/DA I thought "I know nothing - got to work at it". Then
before my CCNP/DP I thought "I know nothing - got to work at it".
Now I feel I know nothing - got to work at it.

I think I am the type of bloke that will always feel that I need to know a
lot more to be secure. Sometimes this doesn't help home life although it can
make you more valuable at work.
I have the bonus of being semi nocturnal, so I have 3-4 hours free time
after my family goes to bed, but I have only 4 minutes on a motorbike to get
to work so that's where I've pinched that time off you.
I also have a very independant supportive wife and two neglected kids :-)

When work's quiet I try to find more time for the family, so I can go hell
for leather when things are busy.
Got to find a balance I suppose.

Gaz