Are the AppleTalk nodes in the same hub as the router? Are you sure there's
not a switch in the way somewhere? What's your topology?

The problem I described is so common (just ask any Apple SE), that I'm
still sticking to it as my theory. It's all I have to go on. My crystal
ball crashed.

Try using Cisco's troubleshooting method:

0. Document your network topology and protocols.
1. Define the problem.
2. Gather facts.
3. Consider possibilities.
4. Create an action plan.
5. Implement the action plan.
6. Observe the results.
7. Do problem symptoms stop?

If no, go back to 4 or possibly to 2.
If yes, problem resolved, document the facts.

Priscilla

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com