All,

Would you be so kind as to share your thoughts/experience with WFQ on high
speed links?  I know that Cisco generally considers it to be unnecessary on
links greater than 2 Mbps.

I have a client with a 16 Mbps HSSI connection between 3640 routers.  The
config has been in place for a long time.  However, the circuit does not
seem to support the throughput that they should be getting.  I finally got
them to share a copy of the config file.  Not only is WFQ enabled, but the
congestive discard value was left at a default 64 messages.

I am wondering if this is just unnecessary or if it is/can be detrimental?
As I said, there are indications that there are throughput issues.

Please note that I am just looking for comments.  Unfortunately, I have
never had my hands on any of their equipment (yet).  Thus, I have no debug
or even visual observations to offer.  All of my information is third
party.  Just trying to understand the wisdom of using WFQ in this environment.

Many thanks,

Scott