I got myself into a similar situation, with a 3600 also =)

What I found however, was that when I would console in, it would ask for
user/pass, and upon waiting 30 seconds or so, it prompted me with
"password:" and entering the enable password I got in.

But, a common thing that happens when configuring TACACS is you need to add
"enable" or "none" at the end of the AAA line so that if you lose
connectivity to the TACACS server you can still get in via telnet.  Here is
what I *used* to have in the config:

aaa authentication login default tacacs+

But when the TACACS server went down (which has only happened once) we
couldn't get into the routers via telnet.  So now the config reads:

aaa authentication login default tacacs+ enable

So when TACACS is unreachable, it will fail over and prompt you for the
enable pass.  If you're using AAA for authorization, then it's extremely
important to add "none" after "tacacs" otherwise you could lose ALL control
without TACACS....

Mike W.