I had read (and understood) that you needed FastEthernet for ISL trunking.
I'm not for sure about Dot1Q though.  It appears from the post from MADMAN,
that you can indeed perform Dot1Q on Ethernet ports.  But I still think
FastEthernet

I read a post in this thread that on a 2900 switch someone set it for
10-half and didn't receive an error when setting up ISL trunking.  However,
it appears from that post that he's using a 2900(XL) switch (because of the
'switchport trunk' IOS command).  If that's the case, then regardless of
speed/duplex settings, that port is still (technically) a FastEthernet port,
and therefore capable of ISL trunking.  That's my take on it......

Mike W.