I admit to being stuck, I have inherited a 4000M that is blank (no IOS)
and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the IOS loaded on
it. The console port is a DB-25 and I do not have a working Ethernet
card for it. I do have a couple np-4t cards though. Speaking of Ethernet
cards for this model, I have a couple np-6e cards that give the
following error on boot up "%nim-2-badnimid: BAD NIM ID". I'm guessing
that means the cards are bad (boy am I glad that they were part of the
inheritance!) and if they aren't, what does the error mean and how would
on go about fixing it? Thanks in advance for your time, I do greatly
appreciate it.

Gragg Vaill