I think Answer C mentions just one site, not multiple sites. It could be
done on a single router with a simple ACL that doesn't allow access to the
host that has the software. So, C is right.

How would you do Answer A with a simple firewall system? If you can answer
that, then I'll agree with you that A is right, but I bet you can't come up
with a simple solution to the problem that needs to be solved in A.

And how about Answer B and D? What are your solutions to those problems?
And are your solutions simple?

This is the sort of thinking that you need for CID. And it is real-world,
by the way. Let's say that the people who will be implementing and
maintaining the security system are just barely out of school or just
recently got their CCNA. There are no software developers or senior network
engineers to get the system working. A design requirement and priority in
this case is simplicity.

Of course, "simplicity" is somewhat subjective, and that is a legitimate
complaint about the question. But it's all relative. If test takers
actually do the work required to envision actual solutions, they can easily
determine which one is simplest.

If test takers try to memorize answers or determine answers without much
analysis, not only will they find the test frustrating and possibly
unpassable, they will suck as network designers, (to be blunt! ;-)

Priscilla

At 06:24 PM 2/23/02, Russ Kreigh wrote:
>I think A would be right, because C would not be a "simple" solution, ex.
>they would have to maintain a list of unauthorized sites.

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com