I'm curious about the feelings others have toward this sort of class,
especially considering the current job market.  A couple of years ago if
you had CCIE on your resume you were almost sure to get an outrageous
salary with bonues and other killer benefits.  This more than offset the
cost of taking these sorts of classes.

In the current market, I've heard that if you have a job position that
requires a CCIE you'll get ten applications!  With the HUGE numbers of
unemployed engineers--of course, depending on where you live--it is no
longer a 'sure thing' that you'll even be able to find a job, let alone
get those huge salaries that made everyone salivate.

So, if you had to pay for something like this out of your own pocket,
do you think it's worth it?  Do you think a one-week class that costs
over $4,000 will pay off more in the long run than spending a fraction
of that on a few more routers and some books and then putting in an
extra month or two of practice and study?

Here in Denver the market REALLY sucks right now.  Even if I pass the
lab the chances of me moving to a different company--and therefore
getting a better salary--are slim to none and Slim might have just left
town.

I guess what I'm getting at is this:  do you think these types of
companies are pricing themselves right out of the market based on demand
figures from a couple of years ago?  Or, do they seem to be operating on
the premise that as long as there are people willing to pay exorbitant
prices, they'll charge sky-high prices.

What are your thoughts?

John

>>> "Rob Webber"  2/26/02 10:21:23 AM >>>
Now called "RS-NMC-1 (Routing and Switching Net Master Class)"

Rob.

""Will K.""  wrote in message
> Does anyone know where information about this class can be found?
Thanks.