I just heard from a friend that a SonicWall rep was saying(dont you love 5th
hand news) that Cisco is planning to crack down on PIXes being resold on
Ebay by killing any and all support for them. No smartnet, no software, no
activation keys etc..

I personally think it is a bunch of hooyie.. The number of PIX units being
sold 2nd hand on Ebay is a grain of sand compared to national/world sales of
new units and to expend that much effort, ill will and bad karma really
doesnt strike me as the "cisco way" of doing business. MS maybe.. but not
cisco.

Am I off base here?  even if it's a bunch of crap, it makes for some
interesting thoughts.. whats next? no support for used routers? switches ?
talk about killing the goose that lays golden eggs..

MikeS