Suspect that is just a vender doing anything that they can to make a sale.
Cisco has had a reputation of playing the game fair. When the market started
to get flooded last year with used gear their tactic was to give good trade
in's to try and keep as much off the used market as possible - a very fair
tactic IMO. Also the people who are buying used pix's on Ebay are not really
hurting Cisco sales much. If they were not buying the pix at a used price
they would probably be buying a Sonicwall or some other less expensive
firewall. In that way it is a win for Cisco.

Like you say they are not msft. That is why I don't think they would be too
happy with Jason Sullivan's post about legal action.