if you ever want to see something funny, tell a customer in the presence of
a Cisco account team that the customer should sell his old stuff on eBay
rather than trade it in to Cisco.

if looks could kill.......

on a more serious note, while Cisco can make a very good legal case against
folks who buy used routers, then download new IOS images, I think it might
be very difficult for them to take legal action against people who sell used
Cisco equipment, or those who buy. This ground has already been covered with
used PC's, used IBM computer and terminal equipment, used cars, used books,
etc etc etc.