Dear all
I need clarification regarding these two points thanking your help in
proceed,

First point:
We have Catalyst 3508G XL , 8 GBIC slots ,  12.0(5.2)XU IOS software. We
tried to make operate it but the GBIC was not blinking at all , as I had
read this document
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c2900xl/1000gbic/instnot
e.htm , I got conclusion that the switches detect and enable the GBIC only
when they are running the minimum software releases which  in case of
Catalyst 3508G XL  Cisco the minimum IOS Release is  12.0(5)XW , so in order
to enable the GBIC we have to upgrade the IOS software from 12.0(5.2)XU  to
12.0(5)XW .

Second point:
we have Catalyst 2950T-24 Switch-24 10/100 ports and 2 fixed
10/100/1000BaseT uplink ports, IOS available 12.0(5.3)WC(1).
As I had read this document
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat2950/2950_wc/1169303.;
htm , I got conclusion that we do not have to upgrade the ios image because
the ios will support the following: Catalyst 2950T-24
24 fixed autosensing 10/100 ports and
2 fixed autosensing 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports.

please tell me if there is something missing here , the equipment is placed
far away from our office we need to put the network on there  as soon as
possible , in case we have to upgrade the ios of the any platform then
please let us go ahead solving this issue.

Warm regards,
Ismail Al-shelh
Network Engineer

[GroupStudy.com removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef]