Here's what I found on CCO:

The non-broadcast keyword used with the point-to-multipoint keyword first
appeared in Cisco IOS Release 11.3 AA.
Using this feature, you can configure broadcast networks as nonbroadcast
multiaccess (NBMA) networks when, for example, you have routers in your
network that do not support multicast addressing.

--

RFC 1149 Compliant.

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED].;