Hi all:

I have a question about a RIP lab exercise that I am developing for school
that I was wondering if I could ask you about.  I have three routers each
connected through ethernet like such:  0---0---0

My goal is to have one of the routers go in holddown state after shutting
down an interface of a connecting router.  So I type in debug ip routing and
clear ip route * expecting to get a routing table update of the router going
in holddown then eventually gets flushed out of the table.  However, with
this network, it only shows that the network (or route) is deleted from the
table and seems to not put it into holddown state.  Is there something wrong
with my network? Am I missing something?  Any help on this would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

Jerry