I haven't used both but I had to reply. I had set up a CheckPoint
SecuRemote VPN, the VPN package that came with CP 2000 on a Nokia box
and I have to say, it's not worth the hassle. CP tossed in the VPN
component as a selling point so they could say, "Hey our firewall does
it all".  I should also mention that their documentation on getting
SecuRemote up and running is sad, if not almost non-existent.

Colin