From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Fraasch James
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 9:56 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Cat 6505 Error Message [7:37543]

I swear I get more error messages on my stuff than anyone! I must have that
magic 'static' toouch or something!

So here is the problem: I have a 6506 hooked up with both power supplies
plugged in and everything says 'green'- everything except module 6 which is
a 16 port gigabit card.  It was working and I was pinging all downstream
switches as of Tuesday afternoon.  I noticed in Show Version that somehow
the switch was rebooted on Tuesday night (I think it lost power and since it
is not quite production it is not yet plugged into a UPS).  Well, since the
reboot, module 6 has been unable to register. I get the error message:
SYS-5-MOD_NOREGISTRATION: No registration received from module 6...resetting
module.

Cisco website doesnt say much on the topic except that the module will be
rebooted until it registers...but it never registers.  So I guess the
questions I have are 1) Has anyone ever seen this before, and 2) Could it be
related to power problems?

Thanks for any help.

James