well you got me curious.........

I "upgraded" to XP Pro a while back on my desktop but haven't tried tftp on
it yet.  I usually do that from my notebook and it's still Win98.

I have been using the TFTP server from Boson so I tried that first.

Nope, failed with the error "Runtime error 13, type mismatch" on the boson
end.

Then I tried the Cisco tftp server.

It worked just fine!  Wrote config to tftp, wrote flash to tftp.

I read the config back from the tftp and it worked.

Tried copying the flash back and it failed!!!  After a few auto retries the
router (2509) reloaded with a wiped config! - gotta love having a home

but - was able to get the config back.

Tried fiddling with permissions of the tftp directory and file with no luck.
Messed around some more and it seems I can get the config back and forth but
I can only save the IOS to the tftp server but not copy it back to the
router.

I haven't tried pumpkin.

Guess I'm keeping my notebook at Win98 for awhile longer.............

Kevin Wigle